Cefixime Trihydrate with LBS is a combination medicine used in the treatment of a wide array of bacterial infections. It works by fighting against the infection-causing bacteria and further preventing its growth. The medicine belongs to the class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics. Antibiotic tablets are useful in the treatment of bronchitis (infection of the airway tubes leading to the lungs); gonorrhea (a sexually transmitted disease); and infections of the ears, throat, tonsils, and urinary tract. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the Cefixime Trihydrate tablets and similar medicines.
Do not self-medicate the medicine and take it as per the prescribed dosage by your healthcare professional. Do not crush, chew or break the tablets. It is advised to swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Some commonly observed side effects of Cefixime Trihydrate tablets are diarrhea, stomach pain, gas, heartburn, nausea, and vomiting. Store the Cefixime Trihydrate tablets in a cool and dry place to increase the shelf life of the medicines.
Medical Benefits of Cefixime Trihydrate and Lactic Bacillus Tablets
Cefixime Trihydrate tablet is a cephalosporin antibiotic used in the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections. It works by killing the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thereby stops the further spread of the infection. The additional Lactobacillus bacteria protects the inner layers of your stomach and intestines. Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets are usually well-tolerated and do not cause any major side effects. The medicine starts working instantly and makes you feel better within a few days.
The medication is a combination of two medicines namely, Cefixime and Lactobacillus. Cefixime is an antibiotic that hampers the outer protective covering of the bacterial cell and is essential for the survival of bacteria in the body. Lactobacillus is a live micro-organism that is useful in restoring the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset with antibiotic use or due to intestinal infections.
Side Effects of Cefixime Trihydrate and Lactic Bacillus Tablets
There are mild to moderate side effects of Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets that do not last for a long time. The side effects are individualistic in nature as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. In case your side effects get severe with time or persist it is suggested to immediately inform your doctor. The range of side effects noticed on using the Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets are mentioned below:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may interfere with the working of Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets.
2. Do not consume Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
3. Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets can cause excessive drowsiness, therefore, do not engage in a mental activity or drive when under the influence of this medication.
4. Complete the full course of the medicine and do not skip the dosage.
5. Store the Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
6. Keep the Cefixime Trihydrate Tablets away from children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.